PE Premium Planning Statement
The Government provides schools with funding to improve Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We currently have approximately £18,500 funding from the government.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs,
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers,
- organise sports competitions or increase pupils’ participation in PE,
- arrange sports activities with other schools.
At Grove Primary School we are committed to spending the PE premium in a sustainable way that will impact on the health and wellbeing of our children. We want to raise participation and attainment in PE across our school.
Miss Rogers is our PE Co-ordinator and has planned and evaluated the impact of the funding across the school.
PE Premium 2022-2023
PE Premium 2021-2022
PE Premium 2020-21
PE Premium 2019/2020
Swimming at Grove Primary School
At Grove Primary we use Water Lane Leisure Centre to support this area of the physical education curriculum. We aim children will, by the end of Year 6 be able to swim 25 metres using different strokes and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
They will also learn:
- Confidence Building
- Stroke Improvement
- Self Rescue Skills
- Water Safety
- Basic Life Saving
- Certificates to prove attainment.
Our staff and those at Water Lane are always ensuring the safety and well-being of pupils during all swimming lessons.
Percentage of children in Y6 who can swim 25m:
2021 - 63%
2020 - 67%
2019 - 65%
2018 - 60%
2017 - 40%