Remote Learning for children self-isolating or in the event of full or partial school closure.
- Please see the Remote Learning Policy and the Remote Learning Offer
- In the event of a full or partial school closure or if your child is required to self isolate the information on this website page will provide information about education contingency for your child.
- Google Classroom and other Learning Platforms will form the basis of the remote learning package available to children at Westwood Primary and Grove Primary.
- Google Classroom details all of the school work for your child as well as information on how to access Learning Platforms such as My Maths, TTRS, Phonics Play, Oak Academy, Epic Reading etc. Further information about Google classroom can be found in the Google Classroom section of this website.
- There is no suggested timetable for children to follow but we would recommend that children study a range of subjects (on a daily basis). This will allow key skills to be rehearsed and progress to be maintained.
- During partial or full closure of school, 'Live Lessons' should be available throughout the school day. Your child can log on to these 'Live Lessons' via Google Classroom.
- Just like adults, children need the opportunity for regular breaks and research suggests cutting these suggested study times into small chunks. For 'live lessons', a timetable will be provided to children, parents and carers.
- Please note, we do not expect children who are unwell to engage with these learning activities until they feel better.
Contact with School Staff
Office Staff and Teachers will also be available via email from 8am – 4pm.
Your child's teacher will be teaching but should you have any questions or queries for teaching staff, please email the office or your child's class teacher directly who will be able to assist.
Technology for Remote Learning
- If your child requires a loan of a laptop, please contact the shcool office.
- If you are having difficulty logging in or on to technology or learning platforms, please contact the shcool office.
- We can discuss alternatives to using technology to support your child