Grove Primary prides itself on being a democratic school. As a result, pupils are provided with numerous opportunities to have a say in everything that affects their life. Children regularly take part in surveys and have helped shape the Behaviour Policy, School Ties, Golden Times and House System.
At Grove Primary School pupils are represented by 5 different bodies which are involved with various aspects of school life as illustrated below.
- The School Council is made up of 2 pupils from each class who are elected by their class at the beginning of each term. They attend weekly meeting where they feed back their peers’ views and discuss relevant issues
- The 8 House Captains represent our 4 Houses. They are elected in the Summer Term in a whole school General Election. They meet at regular intervals throughout the year to plan House Events
- The School Ambassadors have to go through a real recruitment process with application forms and interviews. They are elected for a year. They meet once a week starting in November to plan special assemblies and lead various school projects
- Sports Leaders are chosen amongst pupils who can demonstrate a caring side as well as outstanding leadership skills. They organise a variety of lunchtime activities on the playground
- Digital Leaders also have to go through a stringent recruitment process. They meet regularly and are actively involved in improving online safety for all the school community as part of our Online-Safety Committee.
All the above bodies regularly come together to organise whole school events.