How do we teach Reading at Grove?
We use all of the following to teach reading:
- Phonics Teaching (Jolly Phonics and Letters and Sounds)
- Tricky Words (Letters and Sounds)
- Everyday Words (School's Wordbanks adapted from National Curriculum Year Group lists)
- Teaching of word patterns and spelling (National Curriculum)
- DERIC sessions (small group, whole class and individual)
- Group Reading
- Individual Reading
- Story Time (all classes everyday)
- Guided Comprehension - small focus groups
- Speed Reading
All of the teaching is underpinned by strong Assessment for Learning and on going daily, weekly, monthly half termly tracking and Gaps analysis.