At our school we encourage our parents and children to walk, cycle or scooter to school. This is one of the key aims of our School Travel Plan.
However if you have to bring your child to school by car we would like to draw your attention to the following points.
- The school is sited in the middle of a busy housing area.
- For the safety of children we ask that Parents in cars approach the school from the Elmdale Drive direction, thus arriving with the school lay-by on the left - eliminating the need to cross the flow of traffic and minimising congestion.
- We ask that Parents use extreme care when parking outside the school and do not park on the 'Keep Clear' markings, or opposite these markings. Cars parked in this area dangerously restrict vision for anyone crossing the road.
- We also ask parents not to block local resident's driveways or park on the white lines in front of the dropped kerbs.
- Police personnel do parking checks periodically and issue tickets when necessary.
Our only aim in these requests is to ensure the Health and Safety of all of our children.