At Grove Primary School, we are always keen for our children to gain first-hand experience of the British Value of Democracy.
With this in mind, on Wednesday 16th September, Grove's House Captains were invited to attend an after-school meeting during which they worked with staff to come up with a list of ideas on how they would like their House System to be run.
Children and adults worked collaboratively to answer the following questions:
- What House Competitions would you like to have at Grove?
- How do you think House Points should be awarded?
- How will they be recorded?
- What rewards shall we give to the House with the most points each term and at the end of the year?
- How could we create regular opportunities for House members to get to know each other and build a strong bond?
- How do you see the role of House Captains?
It was great to collaborate with staff
It was interesting to compare our ideas!
The children's ideas were much more original than ours!
The information gathered on the day will be used to write Grove's very own House Charter.