We received over 15 applications for the positions of School Ambassadors. Mrs Hall and Mme Godet were particularly impressed by the quality of the submissions as well as by the time, thought and efforts that went into compiling them.
Suitable candidates were invited for interview on Wednesday 15th April and Mme Godet and Mrs Garnier (Parent Governor) had the difficult decision of appointing the 2015 Ambassadors Cohort.
Candidates were keen to illustrate their suitability for the job and brought a range of material such as certificates, school books, needlework which demonstrated why they were such good role models for our Golden Behaviours for Learning of Collaboration, High Aspiration, Independence, Resilience, Pride and Personal Responsibilities.
Check the Professional Handshakes!!!
The two interviewers said that they were very impressed by the way pupils prepared thoroughly for the meeting and by the professional manner in which they conducted themselves during the interview.
We are therefore delighted to announce that the following pupils have been appointed as School Ambassadors. They are – in alphabetical order - Aaron, Ashton, Aza, Charlie, Charlotte, Esther, Faith, Harry, Jack, Lily, Lillia, Mia and Paige.
Their first job will be to help organise the Elections of House Captains which is due to take place on Friday 8th May 2015.
The 2015 School Ambassadors also came up with a whole range of brilliant ideas on how we could improve our school:
- find ways to reduce litter around the school
- look into increasing the opportunities to play sport at Grove
- strengthen our link with the Warren Special School and look into doing joint projects with them
- work with peers to design a School Leaflet which would be given to anybody joining the school
- have a Friendship Bench on the playground to ensure nobody feels sad and lonely at play time
- set up a Reading Buddy Scheme in which older children read to or support younger children with
We are all very much looking forward to working with the new School Ambassadors to make the wonderful projects they suggested come off the ground in the near future.